Cinnamon Brown Sugar French Toast
When I rise and I'm feeling like pancakes, but I don't want to take the time to make the batter, I reach for my own recipe for French Toast. The combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar make a sweet treat that is easy and delicious.
2 pieces of Milk Bread (see recipe in Bakery section of this website).
1 Tbs unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
1 Tbs light Brown Sugar
100% Pure Maple Syrup
1) Using a large skillet or griddle,. spray Pam or non-stick cooking spray. Melt butter in pan on low heat.
2) In a medium bowl, using a whisk, whip the eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar together until smooth.
3) Dip each piece of bread into the mixture using a folk. Turn the bread to make sure that all sides are completely covered with the egg mixture.
4) Pick each piece of bread up with the fork and let the excess egg drip off.
5) Turning the heat to medium, place each piece of bread into the pan. Grill each side until golden brown.
Serve with warmed maple syrup and enjoy!
White Truffle, Garlic, Cheese Potatoes
Italian White Truffles are an expensive delicacy used in many exotic dishes. White Truffle Oil is an elegant, bold and slightly floral finishing oil and flavor enhancer. It is a cost-effective way to add the essence of white truffles to a dish without the hassle or expense of using the fresh variety. White Truffle Oil is made by adding white truffle flavor to neutral cooking oil.
I created this recipe using White Truffle oil and an array of tasty spices. I found that this side dish compliments eggs, but would make a great companion with chicken or beef.
But beware...the aroma that fills your kitchen when making this dish is truly intoxicating!
Petite Red potatoes
White Truffle Oil
Roasted Garlic & Cheese spice
Red bell pepper
1) Using an air fryer, prepare the flat oven tray with a sheet of foil. Spray the foil with Pam or non-stick cooking spray.
2) Chop potatoes, bell pepper, and onion into small, into small, bite sized pieces.
3) Place chopped veggies in a mixing bowl.
4) Pour a generous amount of White Truffle Oil over the mixture to coat. Make sue NOT to saturate.
5) Generously sprinkle the mixture with garlic powder, roasted garlic and cheese, and Parmesan cheese. (I use Delallo’s brand Roasted Garlic and Cheese spice.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Mix the ingredient together making sure to coat all of the potatoes.
7) Dump mixture onto the prepared air fryer tray making sue to spread the contents out.
8)Air fry the potatoes on 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Double Cream & Chive Eggs
I love a good breakfast to get my day going, but let’s face it, breakfast can be the most boring meal of the day. To perk up my breakfast table, I use two ingredients that make ordinary eggs “eggstra”special: English Double or Clotted Cream and Chives.
Why use Double Cream instead of milk?
Double cream is the British term for heavy or whipping cream in the United States, but it is a little thicker than our whipping cream. It contains about 48% butterfat. Double cream is so rich, in fact, that it is easy to over whip it and get it too thick. Double cream is achieved When the milk is cooled and the layer of cream is skimmed off.
If you live in the UK or Europe, finding Double Cream is not an issue. Depending on your location in the USA, you may find it a challenge. I’m lucky that my grocer stocks it on a regular basis. Have no fear, you can always find it on Amazon. Just beware that it is more pricy than milk or heavy cream, but it is with the investment!
These eggs are light, fluffy, and delicious!
2 fresh eggs
2 Tbs. of chopped, fresh or dried Chives
1 Tb. of Double or Clotted Cream
1) Heat skillet with 1 Tb. of unsalted butter.
2) Using a whisk, whip together all ingredients until smooth.
( Z Tip: Double Cream takes a bit more elbow grease to achieve smooth consistency. Consider it your workout for the morning! )
3) Turn heat down to medium/low.
4) Pour egg mixture into skillet and cover with a lid. Let the steam and slow heat do the work. Cook for several minutes until eggs are cooked through.